Regrettably we have made the decision to cancel our summer event, Edcamp CT, on Friday 8/13. With the growing uncertainty of the Delta variant, our numbers have dropped precipitously. Our aim was to hold the event outdoors, but folks still RSVP’d with understandable concerns about limiting their presence at any gatherings in order to begin the school year in good health.
As you know, the value in this event is in the presence of enough educators to launch a series of conversations and networking opportunities. With our very low final expected head count, we believe it makes sense to pull the plug and save our budget for (hopefully) next summer.
We apologize for this change in plans. This event is near and dear to our hearts. We would like to keep the door open to explore if we can safely run this event on a different date before next summer. We shall see how the year goes.
In the meantime, thank you for your enthusiasm, support, and understanding. We wish each of you all the best as you start the new school year.